Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Programs not listed in Task Manager

• Please log in to reply

nestorey

nestorey

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
I'm wondering why it is that when I look at the Processes tab in Task Manager and add up all of the K's listed under the Mem Usage columns they don't add up near to the Mem Usage listed under the Performance tab.
Where is all of that extra Memory usage going? I'm talkin Physical memory as indicated on the W2K Pro Task Manager not XP which measures the Mem Usage by different standards.
Also, does Task Manager list EVERY program running under the Processes tab? Are there some running that could be using Mem? If so where do you go to observe them??

Advertisements