Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Soundcard for NEW PC

• Please log in to reply

Soulja

Soulja

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hey folks, thanks in advance for any help you can give. I'm currently running a Dell Dimension 8300 with a Sound Blaster Live! sound card from Creative.

I was in desperate need of an upgrade, and against my own knowledge of computers I let my buddies talk me into building a new PC rather than trying to upgrade a Dell system. Now I have just finished ordering the hardware and it hits me that I didn't buy a sound card. Is there any reason I should not be able to transfer this card over to the new PC? The cost of a good sound card is a bit high so if this one will do then I'd rather go with it until the next upgrade becomes necessary. I'll include a link to the new hardware list in case you have any questions on specs and what not.

Again, thanks for the input.

*PS-I'm worried about conflicts and non-compatibility, not input on the quality of the card. This card has been great IMO and I'm just looking to save another purchase if I can. However, with what I've heard about Dell hardware, I am wondering if there would be a conflict with the hardware itself! Thanks!*

http://secure.newegg...tNumber=5874547

Edited by Soulja, 02 March 2007 - 07:56 AM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I really doubt that even dell would mess with the Creative drivers so it's more lilely that the sound card can be used in any computer. I would probably even try the creative drivers rather than the dell drivers. I have a old SB live card i bought many years ago that i have moved from one computer to another 4 time now.

SRX660