Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Installer & Office 2007 Professional

• Please log in to reply

Labrat

Labrat

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
I have now been on Microsoft's helplines for 4+ hours in 3 separate calls to no avail.

EQUIPMENT/SOFTWARE:
Windows Vista Ultimate
Office 2007 Professional (Installed from free downloaded files provided from attending Product rollout seminars)
HP Pavilion dv8380us Laptop w/2G Ram

PROBLEM:
Whenever I try to access any of my office programs the small 'Windows Installer' window pops up and says "Installing MS Office - checking current configuration" "Configuring Office 2007 Professional" - and when it is complete (about 20 secs), I get the program splash screen and the a large "Configuring Office Professional" window opens which takes about 1 1/2 mins to complete and THEN the program opens.

Anyone know what is causing this or how to stop it? There was a fix for this problem in Office 2003 but nothing for Office 2007.

Here is what we have tried so far:
- uninstalled and reinstalled (including removing the specific Keys from the registry manually)
- re-downloaded files and reinstalled
- Had MS tech use Easy Assist to try to fix
- tried running in Safe Mode - would not get past windows installer window
- created new user administrative account and reinstalled
- ran with minimum startup items to see if 3rd party software was interacting
- ran custom install to ensure all elements were installed
- swore, prayed

Nothing has worked so far, the same error every time.

Please tell me that there is a genius out there who can help me...

Hopefully Grateful in advance. :whistling:

Advertisements