Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installed new motherboard Monitor wont turn on

• Please log in to reply

Clutch13

Clutch13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
i have a via pt800ce-a yea everything is running ok i think i mean i dont kno if the usb are working i

Advertisements

Clutch13

Clutch13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Update My usb works i have a usb light and when i connect it it turns on so it works its just the sound that wont work

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
There are no jumpers on your board for sound, if you have sound connected to the front panel of the case disconnect it and use the rear panel to see if it works.

Next enter bios and highlite Integrated Peripherals press enter then highlite VIA OnChip PCI Device and press enter. Make sure AC97 Audio is set to enable.

If it is set to auto that should work but if possible set it to enable just in case the auto setting is not working.

Don't forget to save when you exit!

Rick

Clutch13

Clutch13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
It was already on auto and i cant switch it to enable there is no option for that and i do connect in the rear

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
In device manager is sound video and game controllers listed with no yellow or red marks?

Also go into the controll panel and look for sound and audio devices and open it and make sure the sound is not muted by a check mark in the box next to mute
and make sure the volume is turned up

Clutch13

Clutch13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
There is no yellow marks and it is not marked mute in that option hmmmm wat can be the problem :tazz:

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
I really don't know everything should be working, there are two options I can think of at the moment unless someone else has a idea,

Install a sound card or contact the board manufactuers tech support to see what they have to say because other then that the system seems fine.

Clutch13

Clutch13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
so i guest i should get a new sound card and thanks for all the help doby uve been great helping me out u should be a a geek

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Your welcome Clutch I just did a google on your board but there don't seem to be any known problems with the sound, so I just don't know

Clutch13

Clutch13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
its ok ill try a new sound card u think it will work?

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
yea that will work, I know you been thru alot with this and I admire the fact that you did not give up and at least now your computer is running stable and I am sure you have learned alot from going thru all this

Congo

Congo

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
It's got to be a setting if you had sound before and now you don't. You might find if you buy and install a sound card you will still have the problem, also if you do install a soundcard, make sure you disable the onboard device first in bios.

This might sound silly but maybe you already have a soundcard and your system in trying to use the onboard, and your sound "out" cable is actually connected to the alternate device. Or vice versa.

Though you would probably have noticed by now if there was a soundcard in there.

Is it possible that windows simply hasn't detected the soundcard, if any, that might be in there? Hence, no yellow marks in device manager.....

Sound out cable in the wrong position?

Edited by Congo, 16 April 2005 - 02:14 AM.

Clutch13

Clutch13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Well when im device manager and in sonuds, video and game controllers there are3 no yellow marks but i have some other stuff in there that i dont kno if i need them or not here they are, Audio Codecs, Legacy Audio Codecs, Legacy Video Capture Devices, Media Control Devices, REaltek AC'97 Audio for VIA ® Audio Controllor and video codecs

Congo

Congo

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
Yes , they are needed. I meant a setting from your sound icon, or mixer or anything else you can find.

Clutch13

Clutch13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Nah everything is ok its just not working...Do u have aol instant messenger tell me it so i can live chat

Edited by Clutch13, 17 April 2005 - 09:10 AM.