Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't open PDF because Internet will close

• Please log in to reply

wojcicki

wojcicki

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Whenever I try to open a PDF file, it appears that the page is starting to load and then the browser closes. Before, when it was working, whenever I clicked on the link to get my notes for school, the PDF document would open up within the browser and I would download it to file. But now I have to do it from school and e-mail it to myself. I noticed this just about a week ago and haven't been able to figure anything out. My anti-virus hasn't said anything, I've ran Ad-Aware with nothing being found and I've attempted to turn off the pop-up blocker through Internet Options but still not sure if I've done it properly. Also, the site I use to get my notes runs off of Java. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisements

wojcicki

wojcicki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Problem pretty much fixed. I had Adobe Reader 7.0 and I downloaded 8.0 and it kind of works. I have to open Adobe with no file and then I can click on the little link that opens the PDF file. If I don't it says that I have to exit Adobe and try again. Is there any way that I can have Adobe running or something so that I don't have to open it everytime I want to view a PDF online?

hary

hary

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
Why not try Foxit Reader. A lot of peeps think it better than Adobe. I use it and it is fast and small.

http://www.foxitsoft...df/rd_intro.php