Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Soundcard

• Please log in to reply

SirNight33

SirNight33

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Ok,, well i decided to use my old pc atleast the graphic card works on it:P but now i have a bigger problem i was listening to music and wanted to get a update for my sound card so i went and got the ac97 driver and it caused a serious error....

But whats strange is theres no yellow ! signs or ? marks near my soundcard and when ever i go to winamp to play my music it tells me to go to this site http://www.geocities.com/mmsystem02/ :blink: i also have a driver restore cd but for some reason its not launching the install? also it seems all my audio files in c:\windows\audio are all there could this be caused by that driver? perhaps a virus :whistling:

Edited by SirNight33, 02 March 2007 - 04:26 PM.

Advertisements

bmwboy

bmwboy

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
Hi, I suspect there may be some malware involved, please go to the Malware Removal - HiJackThis Logs Go Here forum, and follow the instructions in the sticky topic.
Thanks!
bmwboy