Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Any reason to not remove BHO (resolved)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Jeff D

Jeff D

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Sorry for what may be a noob question, but I can't search for the needed terms with any way to prune the results...

In Hijack This a listing for a BHO with no name and no file is what? A item that was removed at some prior point and a registry entry still hangs around? Registry items for valid BHO like google toolbar?

Would there be any reason to NOT remove all these items? Should each of the items be checked out in regedit?

I see them listed a lot and curious what to do about them.

Advertisements

Guest_usetobe_*

Guest_usetobe_*
Hi Jeff,

Welcome to Geeks 2 Go, Sorry about the delay in getting to your post. If you still require help, post a fresh HJT log in this thread and i will check it out for you.

Regards,

Usetobe

Jeff D

Jeff D

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
There really wasn't any specific item from a log. It was just a general question as in something with no name and no file what would that be?

I guess I don't really understand what these items are or how they could be anything without those values? If you need an example I can find one, but I didn't think that would be needed...

Let me know as I'm trying to learn about this new area of security. =)

Guest_usetobe_*

Guest_usetobe_*
There would be no reason not to remove. It could just be left overs from removed programs, although not necessarily malware it if just clutter.

Hope that helps.

If you want to learn, wher not consider joining our Geek University to learn to help others.

Information on Geek U

Regards,

Usetobe