Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Best ram and graphics card?

• Please log in to reply

CSPBATMAN

CSPBATMAN

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
Well, whats the best ATI/AMD-compatible (meaning, works WELL), graphics card. Heres what I want
  • Able to run windows vista with Aero theme/advanced stuff on
  • Able to run half life 2/source games easily
  • Able to view HD videos/images
  • High speed memory (support)
  • Cheap... or available in China (I'm going there sometime soon)
And I'm looking for a 2 or more gig ram to add to my 512 (eww I know).
Any suggestions for companies? Also, please tell me if its available in China (hehe).

Finally, does anybody know how to install these things? Lol, I'm kinda newbish, anybody know of a video or picture guide? Or any guide?

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
I'm going to move this to Hardware because those guys know their stuff, and will see it sooner.

Johanna

yanks23

yanks23

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
I have 4gb of Mushkin Redline Ram which is designed to handle alot. I also have a 1gb gts250 and my computer can pretty much do anything graphics wise. i dont know if they sell it in china but installing is a breeze, all u do is slide both in their correct spots its really just common sense and u can just go on youtube and watch "how to" videos of you are really unsure. A gts250 is about $140 and Mushkin Redline Ram is about $200 but you dont have to buy the Redline version of the ram.

yanks23

yanks23

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Sorry and for Ati i reccomend the 4850 or 4870 but anything above a 3650 should work for what you want.