Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

xp64 bit need help

• Please log in to reply

Tazdrh

Tazdrh

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
black screen and has missing or corrupt file system32\drivers\ntfs.sys tells me to put in windows cd and try r to recover. it comes up and says windows set up like it should gos past the raid then starts to do sys set up gets part of the way through it and gives this message
file setupdd.sys could not be loaded the error cose is 4.
I did some searching and said that it is a hardware problem nothing I do helps I have removed memory tried different memory removed the cd rom and all is the same. anyone have a idea of how to fix this problem. any help at all would be very greatful
Thanks
David (tazdrh)

Advertisements

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
Did you try removing all of the PCI cards and then putting them back in one at a time to see if the problem lays there?

Tazdrh

Tazdrh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
There is no pci cards to remove