Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

explorer.exe error

• Please log in to reply

emtee009

emtee009

• Pip
  • 3 posts
My Toshiba 8200 laptop does not connect to the internet (wireless thru my desktop - no problems there). I have re-installed IE 6 since I was getting errors about that. Did a re-boot in safe mode and no longer get error in explorer. I connect to dsl thru netgear and am connected at 96% strength (which is normal). When I try to click on desktop icons, sometimes get box w/ "Program Error. Explorer.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created." Sometimes when I use the Start > Programs and select Internet Explorer, I get the following error message: Microsoft Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for any inconvenience... The error report contains the following: Error signature. AppName: iexplore.exe ModVer: 5.02195.7006 AppVer: 6.0.2800.1106 Offest: 0004b333 ModName: ntdll.dll I can't send the error report because I can't access the internet!. I've tried a number of times to delete extra programs, run spy-bot, ad-aware, spy sweeper, deleted zone alarm, deleted adobe reader 7.0. Still can't access internet. Help me please :whistling: Oops, I'm running on Windows Pro 2000 which was installed on my laptop which I bought used and hasn't given me any trouble in the past 2 years!

Edited by emtee009, 03 March 2007 - 02:15 PM.

Advertisements

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
Has this Win2K setup been fully updated to SP4 plus the newest updates?

There is an exploit that involves IIS 5.0 and ntdll.dll.

Unchecked Buffer In Windows Component Could Cause Server Compromise (815021)

This is the patch.

Windows 2000 Security Patch: IIS Remote Exploit from ntdll.dll Vulnerability

Here is the SP4 Update which you should have installed. You should also install any additional updates.

I would suggest downloading these and burning them to CD then transferring to your PC for install.

Edited by Whiskeyman, 03 March 2007 - 03:32 PM.

emtee009

emtee009

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the info. Did the updates but still no access to internet. I'm done for today

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
Read this: It's not always malware: How to fix the top 10 Internet Explorer issues