Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win32 Generic Host Services Error

• Please log in to reply

davis238

davis238

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Can someone please help me fix this problem. I get a generic host win32 error message and my internet disconnects and won't connect back so I have to constantly reboot. I use earthlink for my internet provider. I have downloaded all the updates and fixes I can find from the Windows updates and still nothing. I'm so frustrated with this win32. Also when it pops up my media player stops working. Can someone please tell me whats going on and how to fix it?

Advertisements

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
This is the sign of certain malware due to not having Windows fully updated plus not running a fully updated anti-virus program and running a firewall.

Read this.

You Must Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log, Required steps before posting your log.

Then post a HJT log here.

Malware Removal - HiJackThis Logs Go Here

Edited by Whiskeyman, 03 March 2007 - 03:42 PM.