Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Start up errors

• Please log in to reply

jimhaynes

jimhaynes

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
My computer is taking over 5 minutes to restart. I checked event manager (System) and there are 4 error messages every time I restart. They all seem to refer to McAfee. I removed McAfee 9 months ago. I have now followed McAfee's instructions for a complete removal including the registry. However, I still get the same error messages and a long boot up time. Attached in a shot of one of the messages.
Posted Image

Advertisements

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
Go to Start > Run and type services.msc then press <Enter>. Scroll down the list to locate McAfee User Manager Service (If it is listed) and double click on it. In the Startup type: box change it to Disabled then click Apply then OK. Disable any McAfee entries you see in Services the same as above.

jimhaynes

jimhaynes

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Go to Start > Run and type services.msc then press <Enter>. Scroll down the list to locate McAfee User Manager Service (If it is listed) and double click on it. In the Startup type: box change it to Disabled then click Apply then OK. Disable any McAfee entries you see in Services the same as above.

Thanks, that worked and eliminated all the McAfee service failures, but there is still one error for kl1 service failing to start. I do not see any entry in services.msc for kl1. Any idea what this might be?

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
I see references to Kaspersky regarding kl1. If you installed Kaspersky while some of McAfee's files were still on t he PC you may have a corrupted install. I would try to completely remove all traces of McAfee then uninstall/re-install Kaspersky.