Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

saved $$$ ! time to upgrade!

• Please log in to reply

Syztem

Syztem

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
well a long long while ago i made a thread about my horrible graphics, at the time i was planning on upgrading that but i was told to wait by others, so i just waited a bit. its time to upgrade ^^ i just play games, i dont enjoy music i dont watch movies on my pc, just games and homework / work work. i like to run more than one game at once sometimes and would like to actually see a nice game for once without lagging...so here is my system information, please request. Also i would like to be able to buy the stuff in stores >.< so i can return it if it doesnt work (like i have so many other things ive tried to upgrade) but if this new egg .com has it and your all sure it is a keeper ill just get it from there.

2x 150 hard drives , i only use one lol i dont know how to activate the other ^^
Pentium®D CPU 3.20 GHz
3.20 GHz 2.00GB of RAM

graphics card = Radaeon x1600 series pro
i dont know what kind of sound card i have lol ._., well anywho i think thats mainly all the important stuff

also my internet router is really [bleep], netgear cg814w that comcast gave me, could you recommend a good one? i have 4 pc's and a laptop hooked up to it, :whistling: request info / a how to , to find out what else is a good important upgrade to a non lagging pretty pc. OH and my monitor is an hp vs 17e flat panel LCD, and no i do not have speakers.

and finally is there any easy way to clean a keyboard? lol

EDIT!!: my pc = Media center PC m7590n from HP, and it has an Intel VI I V sticker on it.

Edited by Syztem, 03 March 2007 - 05:00 PM.

Advertisements

AMDAthlon64X2

AMDAthlon64X2

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
how much are you willing to spend on things?also i need some motherboard info like what connectors their are like pci agp etc.And are you only upgrading the graphics card and maby router or somthing else?

Edited by AMDAthlon64X2, 03 March 2007 - 05:15 PM.

acklan

acklan

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 442 posts
  • MVP
Use SIW or Evereast 1.51 to obtain all the infromation about your computer.

Syztem

Syztem

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
umm i see alot of PCI stuff, so i guess i am PCI. i'm mainly looking to upgrade the graphics , ability to run alot of things at once without lagging or randomly restarting -_- , and sound at the last spot

motherboard =ASUStek Computer INC, EMERY2 version 2.00, thats what the kickass program that was posted says :whistling:. upgrading the motherboard is important? ive bought 3 different graphic cards and each wasnt that great -_- and my pc (old one) began to randomly reboot after that. nvr thought of upgrading a motherboard. mainly going for graphics and speed / stamina

EDIT: back! sorry i forgot to answer the first question. im not looking to spend an INSANE about of money (i hear ppl drop like 3000 dollars and sometimes more on there pc) something thats affordable and good! (that will last, unlike these darn PC controllers!)

Edited by Syztem, 04 March 2007 - 10:42 PM.