Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CD Burner

• Please log in to reply

Don_M

Don_M

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
I get a message in Windows Media Player that a CD burner is not detected. I though I had one. Is there a way to determine if it is installed? I have a Dell Latitiude C600. :whistling:

Thanks.

Don

Advertisements

techie4fun

techie4fun

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
Click on start, right click on my computer and click on properties at the bottom. Click on hardware, then go to device manager, and look for your cd/dvd devices column and look for the name of your dvd or cd drive. You will then double click on the drive, in it's properties and look for a yellow explanation point, click on it, as it will usually tell you if there is an issue.

Edited by techie4fun, 04 March 2007 - 02:35 PM.

Don_M

Don_M

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
To: Techie:
Thanks for your help and prompt response. :whistling:

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Is your problem resolved? If so, can you please state what you did to resolve it?

Fenor