Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

can someone plz help me find and install the right driver

• Please log in to reply

ozherb

ozherb

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
:whistling: hi ppl can someone plzzzzzzzzz lend me a hand in find the right driver .i think its the vga driver i need .after reinstalling windows 98 i lost the driver that i need and now using the one widows 89 had on the disk.all of graphics are grainy and from what i uderstand its due to the reinstalling of windows 98.here is the everest scan of my pc to help you find the right driver. thanks in advance. ozherb.

Operating System System Model
Windows 98 SE (build 4.10.2222) Enclosure Type: Desktop
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
800 megahertz Intel Pentium III
32 kilobyte primary memory cache
256 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: Acer Laboratories Inc. ALi 1631 1.0
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 62710 07/15/97
Drives Memory Modules c,d
4.30 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
3.73 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

LG CD-ROM CRD-8521B
Generic floppy disk drive (3.5")

Generic IDE hard disk drive (4.30 GB) -- drive 0, No SMART Driver 112 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot '0' is Empty
Slot '1' has 128 MB
Slot '2' is Empty
Local Drive Volumes

c: (FAT32 on drive 0) 4.30 GB 3.73 GB free

Network Drives
None detected
Users (mouse over user name for details) Printers
No details available None detected
Controllers Display
Standard Floppy Disk Controller
ALi M5229 PCI Bus Master IDE Controller
Primary IDE controller (dual fifo)
Secondary IDE controller (dual fifo) Standard PCI Graphics Adapter (VGA) [Display adapter]
LEO 15.2 [Monitor] (15.2"vis, December 1999)
Bus Adapters Multimedia
ALi PCI to USB Open Host Controller None detected
Communications Other Devices
Standard Modem
V92 Analog PnP Modem
Network Card MAC Address: 00:00:00:00:00:00 Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural Keyboard
USB Root Hub
Virus Protection [Back to Top]
No details available

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
This is what I found. If it doesn't work go into Safe Mode and uninstall them.

http://www.nvidia.co...in9x_81.98.html

ozherb

ozherb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
thank you for your very quick response .i am dowloading that file now but its gona take awhile with this connection.i found when i went to download it it wouldnt let me agree to download it .....i had a funny feeling and looked if i had direct x on here but all i found was setup.... i clicked on that and a screen with many options came up....i then tryed the dowload agreement again and it started dowloading....the direct x screen spoke about not having accsess to 256 colour.dont know if that means much but i hope this dowload works hehehe .thanks again....i'll let you know how it goes.oz.

ozherb

ozherb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
ok i dowloaded it and at the end of intalling it ,it came up with a red cross saying nvdida chips found on this computer or somthing like that. so where do i go from here now? thanks.oz.

p.s it looks to be installed but on the device manager it has a yellow ! ..

Edited by ozherb, 04 March 2007 - 07:24 PM.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
First, we need more information about your computer. Who is the manufacturer of the computer? Acer? Is there a model number somewhere on the case of the computer. Is the video built into the motherboard or is it a separate card that uses one of the PCI slots( agp). Can you take the side cover of and make a list of any lettering on the motherboatd that might give us a clue of the make of MB. You also might download SIW to see if it can identify the video chipset.

http://www.gtopala.com/download.html

SRX660

ozherb

ozherb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
so the everest report dosnt help? ok im downloading the link you gave me ...yes everything is built into the motherboard.the only thing big enogh to read is n622.oz.

ozherb

ozherb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
motherboard- acer laboratoriesinc
model - ali 1631
version - 1.0

scipset vendor- acer labs(ali/uli)
model-ali m1621 aladdin pro 2 apg system controller
south bridge- ali m1533

thats from that sytem info tool...is there somthing ive missed or more you need? thank you.Oz.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You might try these.

http://members.drive...p?driverid=4488

From what i have read this is the PC Chips M754 L motherboard so you may be able to use these drivers.

the GFXPRO ide drivers

http://www.pcchipsus...d-mainframe.asp

Further down is the ALI 1647 Drivers for on-board video.

I am also reading something about using Nvidia TNT2 video drivers but think that is a long shot. If you do try them look in the archives for drivers older than the 71 series.

SRX660

ozherb

ozherb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
ok thanks mate i'll try them and have a read and get back to you.thank you very much for your help. =] .oz.

ozherb

ozherb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
ok ive downloaded ALI 1647 but am unable to load the driver where its supposed to go? the the one from driverguide is hard to dowload using that link and im unable to find it in the site it self....im probly missing somthing?.oz.

Edited by ozherb, 05 March 2007 - 01:04 AM.

Advertisements

ozherb

ozherb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
ok i now have both files on my desk top.i have tryed to open and use both of them but on startup it asked me to lok for those files to install them and that where the problem is at the moment i cant seem to do it properly.if anyone could give me a hand that used windows 98 it would be greatly appreiceated.thanks.oz.

ozherb

ozherb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
ive been look at the pc a bit more then reseaching and found-PC NET HT2001 0032 chip.......next to where you plug the keyboard and mouse.dont know if this helps or not.oz.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

ive been look at the pc a bit more then reseaching and found-PC NET HT2001 0032 chip.......next to where you plug the keyboard and mouse.dont know if this helps or not.oz.

That's your network device and unrelated to the audio.

ozherb

ozherb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
ok thanks...just trying to help you guys help this noob =].oz.

ozherb

ozherb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
ok people i still need some help...i have the right drivers(we hope) i install them ....restart thr pc the it asks me to find the driver from a list or from a place on the pc and this is where my problems is....i cant seem to get that part right......any help?thanks .