Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Getting endles "dwwin.exe - Application errors" and exe erro

• Please log in to reply

rapidfire

rapidfire

• Pip
  • 2 posts
At the moment, I am having trouble launching nearly every application and I can't even launch things from the control panel often. Here is a typical error message:

The instruction at "0x7c882f9c" referenced memory at "0x7c8829c". The memory could not be "written". Click on OK to terminate the program"

Here is a short history of the weird stuff that has been happening to my comp:

1. A few days ago I kept getting zhotkey errors when my computer started up, I don't know if I deleted or not but whatever was going on it stopped. And I'd see a dr watson pop up.

2. Ever since I installed kaspersky today, it kept bugging me about a logitech quickcam process which every website said was harmless (except one that I'll mention later), but I told it to leave the process alone.

3. Afterwards, and stupidly, I installed antivir which I knew caused windows 98 problems because years ago I tried it and it messed it up. Then after that I used it on xp, and guess what problems! And today I installed it again and guess what: I keep getting errors from dr watson, and this program would stay in the process whenever an error occurred. There was like 10 dr watsons running at one point and I killed them all.

4. I thought maybe it was corrupted so I looked to see how to remove dr. watson and went to a microsoft site explaining what registry key to delete. I did, and dr wastson seemed not to pop up so much (and I just checked the process and found two of them on again).

5. However, now I get the dwwin.exe errors like the one I mentioned above about the memory not being able to be written and also messages like "Hijack This has encountered a problem and needs to close."

6. I tried to uninstall avir (the antivirus from hbdev that messes up Windows I mentioned) and it couldn't make the uninstall procudere all the way through.

I read on some site that the logitech drivers messed up his or her computer and they restored their registry and everything was back to normal. However it didn't cause my computer problems as far as I could tell so I don't think that's it either.

7. I also recently installed soundforge, actually the same day as antivir and kaspersky (and I can't remember if I installed antivir or soundorge first), and I downloaded an "update" which interestingly was larger then the original exe, and I noticed when I cut and pasted the "update" to another drive, I got a crc error message. To see if the program was really damaged or if the message was an error itself, I ran the program and it worked...

8. I managed to do some registry repair with Tuneup and Registry Booster and earlier was manually deleting entries for programs I knew no longer existed (like AOL which I kept finding repeatedly to my surprise.)

9. I noticed that after restarting my computer, that when I clicked on utorrent (after having done quite a few things) that the problems started up again. Could there be a conflict between utorrent and antivir? I will experiment again after restarting my pc.

I'm afraid to use my recovery disk (thanks alot microsoft for not giving me the real thing) because I have eazfix installed and don't know if that program will react badly to files being restored.

Here is my hijack this log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 7:27:06 PM, on 3/4/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.5730.0011)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
c:\program files\common files\logishrd\lvmvfm\LVPrcSrv.exe <---- (That's the logitech process I mentioned)
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
F:\Program Files\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0\avp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Digital Media Reader\readericon45G.exe
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
D:\eazfix\EAZTray.exe
D:\eazfix\shdserv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
D:\eazfix\EAZClnt.exe
F:\Program Files\Lock My PC 4\lockpc.exe
F:\Program Files\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0\avp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
F:\Program Files\WordWeb\wweb32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\notepad.exe
F:\Software\FastIcons.exe
F:\Program Files\Maxthon\Maxthon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
F:\Program Files\WinMX\WinMX.exe
F:\Program Files\TuneUp Utilities 2007\RegistryCleaner.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drwtsn32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drwtsn32.exe
F:\Program Files\FileBX\FileBX.exe
F:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\SETUP.EXE
F:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\SETUP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dwwin.exe
F:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = F:\Program Files\Copernic 2001 Basic\Search Bar.htm
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = F:\Program Files\Copernic 2001 Basic\Search Bar.htm
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://127.0.0.1:466...FXkQ3pYqdilHWr8
O1 - Hosts: 207.210.117.53 www.winmx.com
O2 - BHO: SnagIt Toolbar Loader - {00C6482D-C502-44C8-8409-FCE54AD9C208} - F:\Program Files\SnagIt\SnagItBHO.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: CBrowserHelperObject Object - {CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777} - c:\windows\system32\BAE.dll
O3 - Toolbar: SnagIt - {8FF5E183-ABDE-46EB-B09E-D2AAB95CABE3} - F:\Program Files\SnagIt\SnagItIEAddin.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ehTray] C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [readericon] C:\Program Files\Digital Media Reader\readericon45G.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] %WINDIR%\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Reminder] %WINDIR%\Creator\Remind_XP.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EAZFix] D:\eazfix\EAZTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVP] "F:\Program Files\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0\avp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avgnt] "F:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avgnt.exe" /min
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Resume copy] copyfstq.exe /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [lmpc4] f:\Program Files\Lock My PC 4\lockpc.exe /s
O8 - Extra context menu item: &WordWeb... - res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\wweb32.dll/lookup.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Search Using Copernic - F:\Program Files\Copernic 2001 Basic\Search Extension.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Web Anti-Virus statistics - {1F460357-8A94-4D71-9CA3-AA4ACF32ED8E} - F:\Program Files\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0\scieplugin.dll
O9 - Extra button: Translate - {99EFB53C-C965-43CF-9F45-52242D134187} - file://F:\Program Files\Copernic 2001 Basic\Translate.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &Translate Using Gist-In-Time - {99EFB53C-C965-43CF-9F45-52242D134187} - file://F:\Program Files\Copernic 2001 Basic\Translate.htm
O9 - Extra button: Share in Hello - {B13B4423-2647-4cfc-A4B3-C7D56CB83487} - f:\Program Files\Hello\PicasaCapture.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Share in H&ello - {B13B4423-2647-4cfc-A4B3-C7D56CB83487} - f:\Program Files\Hello\PicasaCapture.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Favorites Search - {FF925300-80E6-11D4-A15B-FFF9086C1A3C} - f:\PROGRA~1\FAVORI~1\FavSeek.dll
O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: fsp_lmwl - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\fsp_lmwl.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: klogon - C:\WINDOWS\system32\klogon.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WBSrv - F:\PROGRA~1\WINDOW~1\wbsrv.dll
O23 - Service: AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic Scheduler (AntiVirScheduler) - Avira GmbH - F:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\sched.exe
O23 - Service: AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic Guard (AntiVirService) - AVIRA GmbH - F:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avguard.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 (AVP) - Unknown owner - F:\Program Files\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0\avp.exe" -r (file missing)
O23 - Service: EAZ-FIX Client Service (EAZClientService) - Unknown owner - D:\eazfix\EAZClnt.exe
O23 - Service: Process Monitor (LVPrcSrv) - Logitech Inc. - c:\program files\common files\logishrd\lvmvfm\LVPrcSrv.exe
O23 - Service: LVSrvLauncher - Logitech Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\SrvLnch\SrvLnch.exe
O23 - Service: PrismXL - New Boundary Technologies, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
O23 - Service: Remote Packet Capture Protocol v.0 (experimental) (rpcapd) - Unknown owner - %ProgramFiles%\WinPcap\rpcapd.exe" -d -f "%ProgramFiles%\WinPcap\rpcapd.ini (file missing)
O23 - Service: SHDSERV - EAZ - D:\eazfix\shdserv.exe

I don't think it's a virus problem because although it will say such and such problem has ocurred, if I click enough, it will work anyways (although get messed up often while the process is happening). I figure if its a virus then the infected programs shouldn't run at all, however, since they can, it must be some other problem.

It's strange, I thought the drwtsn32.exe was the dwwin.exe program, but obviously not since I don't see the ugly dr. popping up anymore. And is there a reason there are multiple entries for dwwin and the other? Why is it showing duplicates?

Advertisements

bobbobagan

bobbobagan

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
This isnt the place to post hijack this logs buddy

rapidfire

rapidfire

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

This isnt the place to post hijack this logs buddy

I'm not your buddy. And I posted it so that someone could see any conflicts and some of my system hardware, moron. Eat a knife unhelpful time-wasting jerk and get a life.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
bobbobagan: If you post advice, you need to explain what section someone needs to post in a more kinder way. A link to the proper section of the Malware forum would have been more helpful.

rapidfire: Sorry, but he is correct. You would get a better response to your HiJackThis log by posting in the Malware section. Please read the pinned instructions and follow them carefully. There are Guides and Tutorials you can read first, too. Please post back whether your problem was solved in the Malware section. If you're still having the same problems after being sent back here, please post the fact you are clean of malware.

Let's be kind to each other, ok? We do the best we can here so be patient for answers.

Ron