Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SPY AND VIRUS WARE

• Please log in to reply

shrek9

shrek9

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Can someone recommend which AntiSyp and AntiVirus ware I should purchase, what's the best. I am running XP.

Thank U !!![
/size]
:whistling:

Advertisements

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
My favorite Anti-Virus would haft to be NOD32. I use it as my main AV and I am quite pleased with it.

For anti-spyware you should use spyware-terminator. it is free and it is awesome!

shrek9

shrek9

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks ULTIMATE for your advice. How do you feel about Norton 360 and AVG 7.1 I think it is.

Thanks again

shrek9
:whistling:

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
I HATE Norton!

Norton causes problems on PC's. My friend uses it and it locks his PC up. Back awhile ago, I installed it and the Norton got infected itself.

AVG Is a great product. You should update it to 7.5.

-slacker :whistling:

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
I used to run one and check with another, for example I would be using AVG and switch over to SAS to see if it has missed anything then on SAS switching back later, but nowadays I am mostly using dual boot meanng that I do my internet on linux keeping my XP clean for games, linux is my firewall, XP is my main systen then, I use a usb key between the two, not a hint of malware, almost boringly so.

full agreement with the person who didn't trust norton, mc-afee too causes lots of problems.

Edited by fleamailman, 05 March 2007 - 04:54 AM.

shrek9

shrek9

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank U gentlemen for ALLLLLL your help and suggestions .... AVG it is then ..... :whistling:

Edited by shrek9, 05 March 2007 - 09:57 AM.

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Hope ya like it :blink:

-slacker :whistling: