Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

adding ram?

• Please log in to reply

xtanter

xtanter

• Pip
  • 3 posts
my pc came with 512mb but the game "Company of Heroes" wont play cause it says i dont have enough RAM.It does require 512.any suggestions

Advertisements

Scott3344

Scott3344

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I'd make sure you still have the 512 mb detected by your system, then try to reduce the amount of background programs to free up some ram.

512 MB is kind of on the low side for ram these days - if you have space for extra ram in your machine you would probably see improvement going up to 1 GB.

bobbobagan

bobbobagan

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Below is the system requirements

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System Requirements
Operating System: Windows® 98/ME/XP/2000
CPU: 1.5 GB Processor.
Hard Disk Space: 3GB HD space.
RAM: 512 MB RAM.
VIDEO: GeForce3 64 MB or Ati Radeon 8500 64MB or greater (True DX8 Graphics Card with 64MB RAM i.e. Video Cards with at least pixel-shader technology - GeForce4 MX isn't supported).
CPU: DirectX 8.1 Certified Sound Card.
CPU: Broadband or 56kb modem (multiplayer).
DX: DirectX: DX9.1 (included) but DX8.1 supported.

Source

Edited by bobbobagan, 04 March 2007 - 10:25 PM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi xtanter...

I'd be willing to bet that your video adapter is sucking up about 64MB of your RAM and is the reason you get the "Not enough RAM" message. Anymore, 512 MB of RAM is not that much...adding more RAM to the machine will likely solve the problem providing the rest of your hardware will also meet the game's requirements.

wannabe1