Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

COD mulitplayer problems

• Please log in to reply

OrCa

OrCa

• Pip
  • 2 posts
ive justed upgraded my wirelss router to a faster speed one, and upgraded my wireless card also. the probelm is i play reguarly on COD mulitplayer and now whenever i am on a server, my ping varies between 999 and 30. i get warning's saying that the connection has been interupted, and i am not sure what is causing it, or how to fix it! would anyone have any suggestions?

cheers

<<ASUS>>.LTC-OrCa :whistling:

Advertisements

Jazza

Jazza

• PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
Hey <<ASUS>>.LTC OrCa,

First I will need you to type in the console (Can be allowed in Multiplayer Options) /rate

IF this is over 25000, change it to 10000. Depending on your connection speed this "Rate" will go higher or lower.

Jazza!

Edited by Jazza, 06 March 2007 - 03:08 AM.

OrCa

OrCa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
it said that the current rate was 4000, so ive typed in the rate at 10000, however that has not solved the problem. I can be in game, and it will be fine for a little bit then it goes to 999 ping, and states that the connection has been interupted. im completly confused. re-install? thats all i can think of. cheers for your help jazza, have you got any other ideas?

Edited by OrCa, 06 March 2007 - 11:05 AM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
try updating the firmware for your router. That might help.