Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slow Internet- Call Of Duty Connection Problems

• Please log in to reply

israel_guy

israel_guy

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
:tazz:

I have a very s-l-o-w internet (56K), Located behind a corpate firewall in a International Company (Texas Instruments, Israel). Disabling my Norton Internet Antivirus, Firewalls, Lowering security settings- it won't help. When I log into the Multiplayer servers list- I can't see nothing. I waited for a long time, but, still, it won't work- it didn't show any servers- at all. What should I do?

Thanks,

israel_guy

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
get broadband at home and use it.

1)cod is not optimized for dialup. your latnecy is so high that most people block your connectivity.

2)shame on you from playing at work... :tazz:

israel_guy

israel_guy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Thanks. Hey, I'm not playing at work. I'm playing at home.... :tazz: ;) ;)

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
:tazz: cool. still if your running cyberarmour or zone alarm it may be blocking the ports used to access server listings. have you checked with gamespy.com or installed thier full utilty, since thats what cod uses for ingame server browsing?

starjax

israel_guy

israel_guy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Nah, Didn't install GameSpy. I don't have zone alarm