Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Powerpoint presesntations

• Please log in to reply

chooksclan

chooksclan

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have recently done something to my settings to make all attachments in my emails that are powerpoint presentations automatically open as Adobe presentations. The message that pops up when Adobe opens tells me that it cannot open because it is not an Adobe file???
I know that I have changed something in my settings but I cannot remember where or how I done it - stupid me!!!!
Obviously I am not a computer wizard so simple, easy to follow responses are needed for this dingleberry.....

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Check Start/Control Panel/Folder Options/File Types tab. Scroll down to the Power Point extension(s) [ppa, pps,ppt, ppthtml, etc.] and see what is used to open PP apps. Should say Microsoft Power Point for Windows. If Adobe is listed, you can change by clicking Change button and chosing the correct program. If not listed, browse for the correct one.

Ron

chooksclan

chooksclan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks Ron - you're a genius - got it first go. Much appreciated. You can probably bet I will be back some time soon.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Wow! Never been called a genius before. Not gonna sleep tonight as my head isn't going to fit on the pillow. :whistling:

Glad you got it taken care of and thank you for posting back that you did.

Take care.

Ron