Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slave HD no go?

• Please log in to reply

northernmist

northernmist

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Last night I wanted to check to see what was on a old HD that use to be hooked into the pc as a slave drive. So I stuck it in my pc as the same. It just started making all these beeping noises and I don't think my pc would get past something on the boot screen.

Anyways I have since taken it out and put mine back in and now my slave HD is not working?? The computer will not boot past the dos scan screen. It just hangs on looking for boot on IDE 0...OK (or something like that).

Is there something I can do?
Thank you.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
If it's in a newer pc you probably need to change the jumper setting to cable select or at least slave. My guess is you didn't change the jumper settings.

northernmist

northernmist

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
The HD jumpers are on slave...

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
Try and enter the bios and manually define the hard drives.
Check that it seen in the bios and is not in conflict with the cd\dvd of any other device.