Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keeping the new Pentium dual core cpu's cool.

• Please log in to reply

jrspie

jrspie

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
I remember reading something about Pentium having a requirement for keeping the new Core Duo cool.
Possibly an tube from the side panel to the cpu fan.
But I haven't been able to find anything on the net about it.
Can somebody please point me in the right direction?
Thanks.
J.

Edited by jrspie, 06 March 2007 - 10:00 PM.

Advertisements

Doomed_to_a_pathetic_computer

Doomed_to_a_pathetic_computer

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
Well, I know what you are talking about the tube, it basically makes the CPU fan blow the hot air right out of the computer through the side instead of letting the air wander out over other components. I'm more of a fan of putting a case fan in instead, it does the same thing, but more effectively (I think.) And the "tube" (I don't know what they're actually called) usually comes with the case.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
They are called heat/air ducts and they arent entirely neccesary but they can help although they almost always have a fan on there own or mounting holes for mounting another fan.

Pentium and core 2 are both brands of CPU from intel and have very different heat outputs, core 2s arent as hot as pentiums were but they use the same coolers.

jrspie

jrspie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Thanks for the help.
J.