Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

error message during startup

• Please log in to reply

crookedtree

crookedtree

• Pip
  • 1 posts
During the start up of the computer an error message box prompts stating that " Procedure entry point image get process image file name could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL." this problem keeps occurring on a computer i am fixing for a customer have never seen anything like this before I ran virus scans and deleted all of the viruses and this is still popping up and driving me crazy please help me out I would really appreciate it for me and my non tech savvy client.....

Thank You , Crooked Tree

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Hi crookedtree

From what I've read this problem could be related to the BT Broadband Desktop Help. The solution was to uninstall it since it's not required for the internet connection to work.

Another cause I saw was having IE7 installed -- again, uninstall it.

DaveC2003

DaveC2003

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
Take a look at the link below.

http://www.pcadvisor...f...9&forumid=1

Hubster

Hubster

I posted trash

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I have no answers, I just post the same drivel over and over.