Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Fatal Exception 06

• Please log in to reply

Denver Breaker

Denver Breaker

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I came into work this morning and opened one of the computers that I work off of, and it seemed to open, I typed in the windows password, then just as the desktop loaded, it went to a blue screen with fatal exception 06 at 0000:00000008. I hit a key to go back to the desktop, and it clicked back to the blue screen. I rebooted 5 times then finally got it to open in safe mode. I need this copmuter to print my invoices. What can I do? :tazz:

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts

Within safe mode, see if you downloaded kb891711, a windows update. This update is creating problems for SOME people who have Windows98*admin
They are investigating..... (wish there was a smilie that shrugged)