Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Accidentally disabled my folder open command

• Please log in to reply

Axle

Axle

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz: A couple of weeks ago, I needed to print the contents of several directories. I made the mistake of following an online tutorial for doing this be creating a small file in notepad that told the system to "print directory" and changing my advanced folder options to point to that file and print the directory. This worked very well. Too well in fact because whenever I double clicked on any folder it printed the directory contents by default instead of opening the folder.

I am unable to return the advanced folder options to their default state. Somehow, I've got it now so that when I double click on a folder it launches "open.exe" but that does nothing. (Still this is better at least to sending directory listings to my printer over and over!).

I need to know the name of the application in the windows system that has the mundane job of opening folders. (And it's location).

Any input would be greatly appreaciated.

Thanks,

Axle
(who knows just enough to be dangerous)

Advertisements

Axle

Axle

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz: Problem solved. Thanks anyway.. Axle.