Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error Message

• Please log in to reply

CJIS

CJIS

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
:tazz:
when i load up my computer it gets to the screen where XP loads up but then turns to a blue screen saying unmountable boot volume and then i have to reset my computer.
Before After i had reset my computer it would load up XP but now it never loads up and constantly brings up the screen.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
try this

Put your windows cd i the drive and reboot
As long as theboot order has not been changed, windows setup should begin.
You will see a reference asking if you need to load special drivers and another notice that if you wish to begin the ASR (Automatic Recovery Console) depress F2. Ignore those

Windows will continue to load files and drivers then it will bring you to a screen with the option to (1) setup Windows or (2) Repair Windows Installation
using the Recovery console.You want option 2

Choose the number corresponding to your XP version and enter your
::: Administrator Password then press enter

You will get a command prompt

type
FIXMBR

Eject cd and reboot