Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win XP problem

• Please log in to reply

kon

kon

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hello to everyone,

yesterday i was playing world of warcraft and a blue screen appeared and my pc restarted probable due to some problems that there still exist between the 8800 gtx and the game (drivers etc)

Since then whenever i try to open "my computer" or "my documents" or any other folder it doesnt work and all the icons disappear from the screen for few seconds. :blink: However with safe mode i can open them and also all the executable shortcuts on the desktop work, even in normal mode. :whistling:

I would appreciate any help

Edited by kon, 06 March 2007 - 07:43 AM.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi kon...

When you received the blue screen, there should have been a series of numbers and perhaps a file name listed on it. Did you happen to catch that information? It would be helpful to know this as it will point us at the cause of the problem.

wannabe1

kon

kon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Am sorry but i dont have the information as the pc restarts extremly fast, almost instantly, i can hardly see the blue screen at all

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Open Control Panel and double click on the "System" icon. Under the "Advanced" tab, in the "Startup and Recovery" section, click on the "Settings" button. Remove the tick from the box next to "Automatically Restart" and apply the change.

Now when your machine encounters the problem again, it will display the blue screen error until you manually reboot. Post the information about the error here for me.