Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MSN HOTMAIL WINDOWS XP

• Please log in to reply

chris100

chris100

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi there,

When forwarding emails or sending new emails the system places graphics as attachments and not in the body of the text - this is very annoying and wastes time etc. Can someone please help me!

Chris100

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Hi, Chris100. Welcome to Geeks to Go!

I've been looking through Hotmail's help, and I just don't see any alternative way to insert an image file except as an attachment.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Yeh, Linda's right and it's a bummer about the online Hotmail. Try using Outlook Express or another email client to send email with images. Both my IncrediMail and OE will allow images in the body. When received at Hotmail online they are still in the body as sent as well as listed attachments. If you have one of the Hotmail original accounts that can be set up in OE, then you're good to go. Wish Hotmail would change the Attach options to Insert. :whistling:

Ron

chris100

chris100

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
MSN HOTMAIL PROBLEM

Hi there Linda and Ron,

Thank you for your help I will swop my email provider. Sorry I have taken so long to reply but have been off line due to a dispute with the internet provider.

Thanks to you both.

Chris100