Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Word 2003 Problem

• Please log in to reply

mnemonicz

mnemonicz

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi all!

Attached shown like a ghost word window popping up when I tried saving a document (test.doc). When trying to close that window it just won't, but only will after closing the main word windows (i.e. test.doc).
Anyone encounter similars? Hope to get a workaround on this.

Cheers.

Attached Thumbnails

• word_error.jpg

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Try Detect/Repair. Open Word, click Help, Detect/Repair.

mnemonicz

mnemonicz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks for the reply. But that was done and nothing changes.

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Another thing to try is moving the normal.dot template out of its default location. I've got mine in a non-default place and I can't remember where it's stored. Close Word. Do a search for normal.dot on C:\. Move each one out to your desktop. Reopen Word and allow it to recreate the normal.dot file.

If that doesn't help, you could also try uninstalling/reinstalling completely.

Are you having issues with any other part of the Office suite? Or any other software?

You could try logging into Windows under a different User and seeing what you get when trying to print out of Word.