Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nintendo DS Lite

• Please log in to reply

bazzala

bazzala

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
I have just got a Nintendo DS Lite- is there anyway of getting games from the internet onto your PC and transferring them on to the DS, ie Fifa 2006 and Star Wars?

If so how do I do it?

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
I don't think there is a way to buy downloadable DS games. Therefore if you could do it, it would be illegal and we can't discuss that.

bazzala

bazzala

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
OK, but does anyone know if it can actually be done first?

Fragman52

Fragman52

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Not really. It is possible to, by using a third-party flash loader, change your firmware (and even install Linux) on your DS. Through this and other ways, you can run other software. Although it is mostly used just for running legit homebrew, I believe a few illegal roms can be loaded, but they're unstable and, well, it just isn't worth your trouble or time.

If you're interested in running homebrew code on your DS (applications like IRC, paint, text editor, organizer, non-DS games, etc.) you should check out NDS Homebrew