Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with losing "focus" on programs, full screen minimiz

• Please log in to reply

sharkguy83

sharkguy83

• Pip
  • 7 posts
So I am having a problem with the computer losing the active window "focus" i guess. I would be playing games and if the program is full screened something will cause the program to minimize itself on a windowed app it will just unselect the current window. I thought it could have been some weird spy/malware but after doing a reformat/ reinstall of windows I am getting the problem again. No error messages, no weird programs that I can see. And before updating the video card drivers had no effect.

I am running:
Dell Dimension
3.0ghz Pentium D
2 gig ram
Win Xp SP2
Zonealarm Security Suite
ATI radeon card x600 SE

Thanks a lot

Edited by sharkguy83, 06 March 2007 - 04:07 PM.

Advertisements

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
Try checking out some of the tips here. Sounds like a program may start up in the background. It could also be malware related.

game minimizes by itself

sharkguy83

sharkguy83

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Tried the tips. Installed AdAware and Spybot on with full scans and I am still getting the problem. There were a couple of programs but mostly tracking cookies. If you guys have any other ideas it would be appreciated.

jarod