Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CS:S Miles error... Screenie included

• Please log in to reply

Rocknrollcows

Rocknrollcows

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
ok.. so basicly.. when i start the game. It goes to the loading screen... the one where theres two dude with guns.. and a "Loading..." box at the lower right hand corner.... Well, it just stays on this screen.. then later, this message pops up: "Miles Error" so... i dont know whats going on.... After i close that Miles error thing, a HL2.exe(which i think is half-life 2) application error box pops up.. i dont have a screen for that.. srry.... could you peeps help me plz????

Miles error:Posted Image

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
look for the dll file in the c:\windows\system32 folder and copy it to the main install folder for hl2.

trailerboy2008

trailerboy2008

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had the exact same problem. I emailed Steam Support. You do not have to move this file! You have to delete it from you system! If you do not believe me then past this on your URL:

http://support.steam...reated=10984906
21&p_sid=weAhWfWi&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MjE3JnBfcHJvZH
M9JnBfY2F0cz0mcF9wdj0mcF9jdj0mcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1hbnN3ZXJzLnNlYXJjaF9ubCZwX3BhZ2
U9MSZwX3NlYXJjaF90ZXh0
PW1pbGVzIGVycm9y&p_li=&p_topview=1

I hope this helps! Because it worked on mine.

martinin

martinin

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i have this problem and have tried to delete it and move it to other files but it just doesn´t work :)