Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help!

• Please log in to reply

catlover27c

catlover27c

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This one is simple, I am having trouble removing a security pop-up, the one that says "This page contains both secure and nonsecure information, do you want to display the nonsecure items?" how can I stop this icon from poping up all the time? :whistling:

Advertisements

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Isn't there a check where you can click "Do Not Show This Message Again" or something in similar?

misterc

misterc

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
You can go to your browser tool bar and complete the following steps- Tools > Int Options > Security > Custom Level > Misc
> Display Mixed Content > Change from Prompt to Enable.

I had this problem with my new online shop that I opened on 1st Nov 08. Everytime I came out of the Shopping basket area, no matter which page I clicked on, that annoying pop up was showing. I carried out the above procedure and it works.

However this is not really recommended as you will be turning off a 'warning' feature that you may need in the future.

I came in here to look for any threads to see if it was something in my shop settings that was causing this. I hope it doesn't happen to everyone who visits my shop or they will leave after 2 or 3 clicks......I know I would.

Hope that helps. MisterC

PROBLEM SOLVED
It's now 5th Nov and I found out what was causing the pop up box for secure & nonsecure items to show all the time....it was the secure coding used in the Google AdSense adverts that I had showing on my nonsecure shop pages, such as items for sale and informational pages that did not contain any secure coding.

Hence the security box letting you know that the page contains secure & nonsecure information.
Needless to say I swiftly removed all google adsense adverts from my shop and I will only be showing google adsense adverts on any future Blogs that I write as there is no page changing involved so the box won't annoy people when viewing my Blog.

Yours MisterC

Edited by misterc, 05 November 2008 - 12:04 AM.

ozyborne

ozyborne

• Pip
  • 2 posts
it says this during the restart. it won't even boot up. says that i can attempt to repair the file by using the setup cd. i'm doing this on another computer.