Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Forcing Leading Zeros in Access

• Please log in to reply

ljr999

ljr999

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Using 2 linked tables, I am creating a new table from which I am then pulling data into an MSWord merged doc. I need the numbers of one field which are now 1 - 5 characters to always be 5, thus I need to force the leading zero to show up in my new table.

Advertisements

Tom_Lon

Tom_Lon

• Pip
  • 9 posts
If you still need help, try this one on for size. Open the table that contains the field that you need to have leading zeros in design mode. In my database that I quickly tested this on, the field was number/long integer. Place the cursor on the said field. In the format property at the bottom of the page, place five 0's in the field (assuming you are still wanting five characters for the field). Save the table and import your data.

Work for you?

Now having said this, would it not work for you to have a query do this for you? May be alot easier.