Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I dont know whats going on but i cant use anything anymore

• Please log in to reply

flynn12345

flynn12345

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Hi all it seems like somebody has taken away my computer and given me somebody elses. I am having heaps of trouble from adobe not working to not being able to play games to even having problems with window media player. Is it a virus or just XP

Also the other day i had to get the origional disk out and ues that as the computer would not load for me

any help od test i can do would really help

cheers

flynn

Advertisements

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
All too often these sudden massive problem complexes are the result of malware. Even though most of us have security programs in effect, modern profit driven malware designers are finding new ways to infect our computers. I strongly suggest that before attempting further repair or making changes to your system that you go to: http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html and follow through the self-help procedure. Once completed, please post a HiJackThis log according to the instructions. You will recieve trained help to assure you that your system is malware-free. Once that has been accomplished, please post back in this section, and we will help with any left-over system problems that you may still have.

flynn12345

flynn12345

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Just wanted to say thank you and i have posted a hijackthis log and panda report to see if the problem can be fixed

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
Good to hear. :-)
Please have some patience, and be diligent and thourough in following instructions. 99.999% of these problems are corrected. I'm sure yours will be also. In the meantime I suggest that you research what changes to your system defenses will be required to prevent future problems. Please do not make changes to your system configuration unless instructed to do so by your malware removal advisor until he/she has given your log a clean bill of health. If you would like to see how I protect my machine from malware, read "What 1101doc has learned about security" at : http://doc1101.vox.com/ Scroll down a bit, it's the third entry.
(To visit the links, just copy and paste to your browser address bar in a new tab.)