Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Photoshop 7 error

• Please log in to reply

Juneresque

Juneresque

• Pip
  • 2 posts
"Unable to continue because of a hardware or system error. Sorry, but this error is unrecoverable."

is the message i keep getting. i recently reinstalled XP but PS was running fine for awhile after that. I've seen "delete/reset" preferences to fix the problem but it hasnt fixed it. or it being a problem with the fonts but that doesnt seem to be it either.

I'm going through PS withdrawal so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Have you tried uninstalling PS, deleted it's program folder after that if the uninstaller hasn't, then re-installing it?

Edited by pip22, 07 March 2007 - 01:30 PM.

Juneresque

Juneresque

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
yeah I've tried that.

Junerish

Junerish

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Have you tried uninstalling PS, deleted it's program folder after that if the uninstaller hasn't, then re-installing it?

is there anything else i can try? I've tried reinstalling a bunch of times

(i lost my password for the other account)