Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mozilla vs IE

• Please log in to reply

sschmitz

sschmitz

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
;) I really like using Mozilla Firefox as my browser... but I have found that many of the sites I go to are only set-up to work with IE. i.e. forms needing to be downloaded, links won't open, etc.

:tazz: So I find myself switching back and forth between the two browsers. I have both on my desktop... and usually open with MozF...then when I run into problems I close it down and open IE to cont. I have no clue if this will create future havoc with my system...if it messes with security systems.... etc...I just know it drives me crazy.

;) Is there anyone who has found a solution? Do need to dump MozF and just stick with IE. And... have I already screwed up my computer sys...doing this?

Thanks.... :going wacko:

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
There is a plug-in for FireFox that will make it look like IE to most sites. However, any site that uses ActiveX (like Windows Update), will require IE. :tazz:

sschmitz

sschmitz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Thanks will give it a try. Sad face appropriate.

suckaf00

suckaf00

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
can you give an example of some sites that dont work for you? I dont recall any that havent worked for me..

Ojoshiro

Ojoshiro

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
You don't have to dump anything really. You can have both browsers at the same time and use your preferred where you want ( and the other one where it's needed ) like you are at the moment
I have both running at the same time. It didn't give me any problems.
I have to admit IE is my primary browser. But that only because I didn't take firefox on 'other peoples word', I wanted to try and see for myself.
I haven't noticed anything getting screwed up. If that's a comfort for you.

Success! :tazz:
Ojo

sschmitz

sschmitz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Governement sites, student loan sites, insurance sites....many have forms that need to be downloaded and will not work unless I revert to IE. In addition links they provide witll not connect unless I am using IE.

sschmitz

sschmitz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Thanks for the comfort... I want to utilize the new options, and to be 'more efficent' in using my computer... so far I find I get bogged down with the rapid advances... (well maybe not rapid for those that have had time to keep up). I spend my time trying to keep up with the field I work in... which is very info. intensive.

Great to have someone tell me that my system won't be damaged!!!