Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help Please

• Please log in to reply

ESB4114

ESB4114

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi i originally posted in the malware section and i was told to post here cause they think it's my graphics card or my monitor.Anyway the problems i'm having is when i try to update my drivers the screen go's black and shut's down,also when i start up my computer there's these blue dotted lines on the screen and when i try to play a video the video will turn green and freeze,and when i scroll down a page there's like this invisible line that goes across the screen when i scroll.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
I would say your graphics card has developed a fault or is using an incompatible driver, though I'm inclined to go with the former.

Is your system using an on-board video controller or a separate PCI/AGP card?

ESB4114

ESB4114

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I'm not good with computers so where do i go to find out if it's using those?

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
If you have a PCI/AGP card you most likely installed it yourself since only the high end pre-builds have them. If the port where you plug you monitor into is by your printer, usb, or surrounded by other ports its most likely on board. PCI/AGP are typically towards the bottom of a computer. Also you can check your grapics by going to Start > Run > type DXDIAG. Click on the display tab and it will say the name of the hardware that displays your visuals. If you are unable to figure out if it is onboard or PCI/AGP you can just post the name of that hardware and pip22 will know which it is.

ESB4114

ESB4114

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
My monitor is plugged into the back of my PC on the bottom.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
And what did DXDIAG say your display device was?

ESB4114

ESB4114

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
It says n/a.

ESB4114

ESB4114

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Sooo no one can help me with my computer?