Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Flash Player

• Please log in to reply

matt pearce

matt pearce

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
My PC keeps telling me i don't have the latest version Flash Player installed - even if i download the latest version and i get a message telling me it was successfully installed, when i try and run some apps it tells me i don't have the latest version. Help!!!

Edited by matt pearce, 07 March 2007 - 01:39 PM.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hey matt pearce!

When you are installing flash player, are you downloading and saving the executable (exe) file to your desktop and running it from there or are you installing it from within the web browser, aka by clicking OPEN/RUN instead of SAVE? If you are doing it that way, I suggest you choose SAVE instead and save it to your desktop. Once it's downloaded, close all open browser windows, and then double-click the exe file to install adobe flash player. Once that is done, reboot your computer and once rebooted, try going back to the website where you needed flash installed.

Fenor

matt pearce

matt pearce

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
when i go to adobe.com it seems to automatically install it...ie i get no option to run or save i just get a message within the webpage saying flash player installed.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Download the install_flash_player.exe from HERE. Just make sure you save it to your desktop and don't click RUN.

Fenor

matt pearce

matt pearce

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
i think the link is broken in the download...i follow the link to download the flash player and i get a "this page cannot be displayed"?

http://majorgeeks.co...b959d45a85.html

Edited by matt pearce, 07 March 2007 - 02:29 PM.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
The link works fine for me. Are you clicking on AUTHOR'S SITE for the download?

The direct link to download it is HERE.

Fenor

*NOTE* The link you posted works fine for me...

Edited by Fenor, 07 March 2007 - 02:35 PM.