Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Misloaded

• Please log in to reply

parrothead16

parrothead16

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Looking for some advice. I have a new XP machine that was "loaded" by a non IT individual. I quote the word loaded because I have no idea what this person did but I can not get applications to work for users.

I believe the person opted not to use the built in admin to load the applications originally and instead created their own administrator user. After several days of tinkering I'm wondering if there is a way I could restore it back to its out of the box condition and start afresh? Or is there something else I could do?

I do have some other reason to prefer start completly over..........and do it correctly!!

Advertisements

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
What amke and model computer? Do you have a recovery partition or CD?

Edited by Whiskeyman, 07 March 2007 - 04:14 PM.