Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

New System

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
CASE: Raidmax Sagitta Mid-Tower 420W Gaming Case w/ Side Panel Window (($10 off Mail-in Rebate)BLACK COLOR)
CPU: (Sckt775)Intel® Pentium® D 945 Dual-Core CPU @ 3.4GHz 800FSB 2x2MB L2 Cache EM64T
MOTHERBOARD: (Recommended!)ECS nForce 570 SLIT-A nForce 570 SLI (C19XE) Chipset LGA775 1066FSB DDR2/667 SATA Dual 16X PCI-E Slots w/7.1Audio, GbLAN, &USB2.0 (Recommended!)
MEMORY: (Req.DDR2 MainBoard)512MB PC5300 DDR2/667 Memory (Corsair Value Select)
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 7100 GS TurboCache supporting 256MB PCI-E (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
LCD Monitor: NONE
HARD DRIVE: Single Hard Drive (160GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 8MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)
Data Hard Drive: NONE
Optical Drive: (Special Price) 18X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BLACK COLOR)
Optical Drive 2: NONE

Well im currently playing CoV with only 1.7GHZ 512mb ram 128mb graphic card so im here to ask if the above pc specs would make CoV any more enjoyable.. because currently loading times are about 3minutes and i lag alot also i heard windows vista hates games :whistling: so should i install xp or go with vista?

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
well i would stay with xp for a while. Atleast until all you hardware gets the new drivers for vista out.And the bugs get fixed.

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
You want to be looking at at least, at VERY least 1GB of ram, any lower than that will be slow especially on Vista. Jack it up to 1GB of RAM and if possible an nVidia 7600GT (very, very good cheap card). Stick with XP, and be wise - only upgrade to Vista when you absolutely have to. At the moment you should only have Vista if you want your monitor to look like the tellytubbies.