Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

World of Warcraft: Flashing Black Screen

• Please log in to reply

Twiztnin223

Twiztnin223

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
Last night my boyfriend was playing WoW with me and said he was having problems where his monitor every now and then would flash black and then go back to WoW,k sometimes with crappy framerate.

When he would be walking, running or fighting in the game his character wasn't moving on my screen. His health bar would also not drop until he was dead.

He said his latency was fine.

When he exited the program, his desktop was discolored (negative view).

He's updated his drivers for his graphics card. Any idea what the problem is?

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Sounds like typical symptoms of graphics card overheating. Steps you should take:

1) Clean the graphics card fan using a duster
2) Take off the other metal plates that cover up the other PCI expansions slots. This will allow better ventilation to your card.

If you are still having heat problems they sell graphics card coolers which are fans on a PCI card.