Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windown log in

• Please log in to reply

welshjohn369

welshjohn369

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi guys bit of a poser here. I have just taken control of a laptop which has XP Pro operating system. The person who owned the laptop before me has forgotten the LOG ON TO WINDOWS password. So after pressing Cntl/Alt and Delete I can not get passed the username /passwordscreen. Are there any ways to bypass this so I can get onto windows and change it to a username and password I know.

Thanks is advance..I hope

Advertisements

Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
Hi there. The whole point of having password security is to refrain others from bypassing such passwords - therefore there are no legal ways which I, nor others, will be inclined to show you, sorry.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi there

I'm afraid it's against G2G policy to assist in the bypassing of passwords. I apologise for this but I'm sure you can understand the reasons why. :whistling:

Samm

welshjohn369

welshjohn369

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
not a problem I have cracked it, would have been a waste of $4000 if I could not but microsoft pages helped me. Admin minus a password helped and saved me losing all the infor by not having to reformatt.