Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

HDD help please

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello everyone and truested techs thanks for looking at this for me; Alright I just finished setting up my gameing rig and im not able to boot the hdd , I changed the case and psu to support my new vid card.

I'm using an asus A8n- SLI delux and a raptor hdd , I may be putting the sata cord into the wrong spot but I have it under there is the raid section 4 red connectors and then sata 4 black connectors on the mobo that run from sata 1-4 and I set my hdd to sata 1 , so I went to boot and it brings me up to boot disk familiar after I boot. I am able to read the disk and all of windows comps on my other machine so must be something im over looking.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Welcome to G2G Odium

Can you clarify the problem a bit more please....

1) Is the hard drive being detected correctly in the bios?

2) Is this the only hard drive in the system?

3) If so, what are you booting from (i.e Windows CD or bootable floppy etc)