Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

sososick

sososick

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
I don't know if this is the right section, but here goes ...

I recently got Cingular 8125 which has wifi on it, and i can't seem to connect to wifi without it forcing me to connect to GPRS which lets Cingular charge me! So i was wondering if anyone has experience with 8125 to help me solve this problem?

I've called customer service, went to agent, they couldn't help me.

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Well, it has to connect somehow. I found an 8125 manual on line, which contains the following information:

Your device is equipped with powerful networking functions that enable you to connect to the Internet through an Enhanced Data Rates for GSM Evolution (EDGE)/General Packet Radio Service (GPRS) network or a Bluetooth modem or a WLAN network. GPRS/EDGE is a network data connection, allowing you access to the Internet or to a corporate network to browse the Internet and exchange e-mail or instant messages.

From that, it appears that that's how you access the internet, unless you have the Bluetooth modem or access to a WLAN network. I know some companies charge a fixed rate for data access that will allow unlimited downloads (my Verizon plan is $44.95/month), but you don't get internet access free just because it has the capability for it.

sososick

sososick

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
I've read online that i could disable the GPRS and go online with wifi (which i have in my apt). And that i also can surf the web without having a simcard in it.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
If you do a quick Google search, as I did, you can get the entire 192 page manual for this phone.

https://onlinecare.c...ngular_8125.pdf

Internet connectivity options start on page 85. Read them carefully.

sososick

sososick

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Whoa ok calm down. Geez.

Thanks.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

Whoa ok calm down. Geez.

There's no call to be condescending or rude to any member of our Staff. :whistling: Think about that before you ask for...and RECEIVE...help here again.

Topic closed