Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help a girl out with 'NTLDR is missing' prob?

• Please log in to reply

emzuler

emzuler

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi,

Lastnight my computer was working fine but upon turning it on this morning i got this message on a black screen saying "NTLDR is missing". It's possible that i might have deleted the component needed to get me onto my computer as i was trying to clean it.
I've tried to help myself through various sites including www.ntldrismissing.com but none of it seems to be fixing it for me. That, or i'm not doing it right ? Will someone be able walk me through the steps of how to fix this prob please ? =/

I'm running on Windows XP but i do not have the disc to re-install as i was given this computer with all the programs pre-installed. Are there other way to fix this problem ?

Many thanks

Emilia

Edited by emzuler, 08 March 2007 - 10:08 PM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you borrow an XP CD, same version

emzuler

emzuler

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I can probably get a hold of one. Does it have to be the same version ?
And once i'm done re-installing will all my 'stuff' still be there or will it all be erased ? :whistling:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You could be lucky and resolve it another way

http://www.computerh...es/ch000465.htm

If you do need the disc, then it will probably only recognise the same repair set up

http://www.computerh.../ch000465.htm#b

Once the files have been replaced, you should only need to reboot to have your PC back, as it was

Bhost

Bhost

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Do you have a floppy in your A: drive? Take out the floppy and try again.