Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

BF2 connection problems

• Please log in to reply

SLI-Owns You

SLI-Owns You

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
ok so i just got BF2 up and running again on my machine. but every time i start it up im always brought to a server then i have to wait for it to connect blah blah blah. takes so long to even get in to pick the server i want. well when i go to connect to any server everything vent xfire aim msn will all disconnect when connecting to a server and i have no clue why it keeps cutting all my apps when logging into a server any one else have this problem

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
1)make sure all of the patches have been applied for bf2
2)restart your pc and then launch the game. Don't use xfire join server. Use the ingame server browser and see if that helps.

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
Nah, whatever system you run BF2 on it will be slow and sluggish skipping through the menus, it has just generally not been coded well. You may also find it crashes to desktop. When you want to play BF2, make sure you choose "Play BF2" instead of "Play BF2 Online".