Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Right Clicking is slow to bring up Context menu

• Please log in to reply

\\`ired

\\`ired

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Ok First off. Let me start with what I've tried. I've read the post on context menu errors. I've since downloaded ShellExView and turned off ALL non-windows Context menus. Now this fixed the lag on some files. I've also tried sfc /scannow to no avail. I've scanned with Spybot S&D, Norton Antivirus 2004 (Up to date on definitions), I also run Zonealarm Pro 5, and I went out and bought Lavasoft Adware Professional SE 1.05.

Now movies, and pictures, and basically any media file still continues to have this problem. When I right click it may be anywhere from 10 to 60 seconds before a context menu will show its face, and when it does theres a good chance it will disappear and I'll have to try and open it again.

I'm at a loss and would hate to have to format and start all over. Any Ideas? If theres any logs or anything you need just ask. Didn't want to post anything here that would be a waste of your time to read.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
start > run

eventvwr.msc

system and app logs..any errors?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
also, as a test,

1. Start the Control Panel Display applet.
2. Select the Appearance tab.
3. Click Effects, then clear the "Use the following transition effect for
menus and tooltips" check box.
4. Click OK to close all dialog boxes.

problem disapper?

\\`ired

\\`ired

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
No recent errors and I have all the animation/graphical stuff turned off for the menus already. Have it set for permformance and not looks.

\\`ired

\\`ired

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
BUMP

creepingjesus

creepingjesus

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This Worked for me
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/rcdelay.htm

I installed somthing across a network, and every time I right clicked it was trying to refer to the networked computer which wasnt there anymore.

:tazz: