Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Quite possibly the most strange and mind boggling PC problem EVER

• Please log in to reply

Mitesh

Mitesh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
Ok it has been 3 months AND NO ONE HAS REPLIED. Where on earth did everyone go? Samm?????? Dam it.
Anyway its no longer a problem, after getting all the new parts warranty replaced everything runs smooth as .... well just plain smooth.
XP loads in 23 seconds (h*ell yeah!!) (I did use Bootvis though). Most Far Cry maps load in under 40 seconds.
However the 8800 GTS KO I have seems to have a problem with AA. It cannot play Far Cry with 4 x AA even with everything else turned off... well the FPS goes sort of - 16-34 FPS in jungles (because the trees leaves must be AA'd). If I out it on 8 x AA - then boy - it goes down to 8 FPS. Dont forget Im not exactly gaming at high resolutions im gaming at 1280 x 1024.
So thanks everyone for your help especially Samm, but it wasnt an electrical problem it seems to have been a PSU problem (not electrical merley the power cables were loose at the PSU itself so the power fluctuated).

Well thanks and admin's you can close this thread now.

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

So thanks everyone for your help especially Samm, but it wasnt an electrical problem it seems to have been a PSU problem (not electrical merley the power cables were loose at the PSU itself so the power fluctuated).

I seem to recall suggesting the PSU could be the problem some time ago......!

Apologies for not replying sooner - I haven't had any email notifications re. this thread for ages so I haven't bothered checking it. Didn't get one for your latest post either & it's only by chance that I just stumbled across the thread a minute ago as your last post bumped it back up to the first screen.

Glad to hear everythings working ok now :whistling: